Robotnik – Spain
Organisation profile: Robotnik is a company specialized in robot product development and robotics R&D
projects. Robotnik offers high-quality services for national and international reach and is certified in:
- ISO 9001:08 - Design, manufacturing and commercialization of products and systems based on robotics technology.
- UNE 166002:06 - R&D management in the development of projects in the field of robotics.
Robotnik has a multidisciplinary engineering team, which is qualified in several fields, amongst others,computers, manufacturing, industrial, telecommunications and mechanics. Robotnik’s main specialities are:
- Autonomous indoor transport robots and field service robotics applications.
- Robotics products (mobile robots, robot arms, robotic hands and humanoids).
- R&D Robotics projects and special robot systems design.
The company won the "Jóvenes Emprendedores 2002 (Enterprising Youth Award)", given by "Fundación Bancaja", which recognizes the resourceful spirit of the company and the investment made in the development of products and services. Robotnik has also obtained the EIBT (Innovative and High-Tech Enterprise) qualification, by the ANCES National Network, which recognizes Robotnik as a high tech company, with an innovative environment and high professional and technological formation.
Role in the project: Robotnik will be responsible for input into WP1 for specification input, WP4 for assisting with the development of the robotic systems, to validate the developed systems during trials in WP5, and to exploit the robotic climbing mechanism in WP6.
Reasons for participating: Robotnik will benefit from its participation in the project as development of novel robotic mechanism able to climb using existing infrastructure, will enable them to fulfil market requests for improving and differentiating its competences in Automation, Robotics and the integration of complex Mechatronic Systems.